March 13, 2010
I apologize that it’s been while since I’ve made any posts to this Blog. We’ve been really busy adding enhancements to Studioware. I’m happy to say that “base” version of Studioware is complete. All of the functionality that you need to manage your studio is available in Studioware. You can manage your Students, Staff, Classes, Enrollment, and Accounting with Studioware. Studioware also lets you create invoices and helps you track the invoice statuses. Check out the new web site design too: www.studioware-online.com
We are now in the process of completing the documentation and video tutorials. We’ve created a number of video tutorials, and I think they look great! Check them out at www.studioware-online.com/Help/Videos More videos are being added every day.
Remember, all versions of Studioware allow for an unlimited number of Students, Staff, and Classes. Having said that, it’s important to note that Studioware by QuestWare LLC. is a business and we need to generate revenue. Our new pricing model has been published on the web site. Studioware’s pricing mode will follow a cost-per-student model. There have been a number of questions about this model. Stayed tuned for our next Blog posting that will clarify some of the pricing questions.
November 13, 2009
Running a school based business is difficult! Whether you are running a Dance School, Music School, Martial Arts school or a Yoga School, you need to deal with Students, Staff, Classes, Schedules, Tuition, Attendance, Enrollment, Waiting list, and more….Selecting the appropriate software to help you run your business is critical.
The First Question:
The first question to answer when considering different software packages for your school based business is “Where does the software run”? This is an important first question because it will help you narrow down your search for software and eliminate software that does not meet your needs. There are really 2 (or 3) answers to this question:
- The software runs on my computers. For example, I purchased the software from a vendor and run it on computers that I own at my office.
- The software is “Web-Based”. This “web-based” or “online” software runs on the internet and I access it through WebBrowser (such as Internet Explorer, FireFox, Safari, ….).
- The 3rd type of software is really a combination of items 1 and 2 above. The main components of the Software are web-based, but there are some components that you run on your own local computers. Several examples of this will be discussed in upcoming articles.
There are advantages and disadvantages to any software system and hopefully these series of articles will help educate you on your various choices.
Please visit www.Studioware-Online.com and try our School-Based software.
November 13, 2009
We are happy yo announce that we relased the first version of the web site. Check it out and let us know what you think:
We’ve decided that the Studioware will come in 2 versions:
- Basic Edition: The Basic Edition of Studioware will be free. It will allow you unlimited students, staff, and classes. There will be some reduced functionality compared to the Premium Edition, but it will be a great tool to get you started.
- Premium Edition: The Premium Edition will include enhanced functionality and reporting. There will be a monthly charge for the Premium Edition (yet to be determined).
We encourage you to try Studioware and share your feedback with us.
January 15, 2009
Studioware-Online.com allows you to manage all aspects of your school based business. Studioware allows you to manage Dance Studios, Music Schools, Martial Arts Schools, Day Care, Sports Clubs, and more…. Essentially, any business that has “students”, enrollment and classes can be managed by Studioware.
This blog allows Studioware to give you advice on running your business. We will be updating this blog on a regular basis with news about studioware, development projects, support questions, and general observations about our business.
Your feedback in the form of comments and questions is always welcomed. This feedback will directly influence the development of Studioware…so don’t be shy.
We encourage you to take a couple of minutes to explorer the blog. Don’t forget to try Studioware; You can sign up at http://www.studioware-online.com/Home/Signup